Friday 18 May 2012

101 recipes to try with mince, number 1!

Ah c'mon, we all do it, we buy mince, we chuck it in the freezer for spag bol/chilli/shepherd's pie, and then repeat. And then get bored.
The bank balance is not being friendly this week, so I'm going through the freezer, and of course, I have the  pack of Beef Mince.
The Boring Beef Mince.
Actually, I  make pretty good meals with it, but it still lurks in my mind as , 'ugh, mince'. We don't dislike it, it's just that it features on the 'boring food' list.
Anyway, as it needed to be used, I looked for a recipe, and found one in Nigella's Kitchen
I'm afraid the bourbon was left out.  We are eating freezer mince, how likely is it that the budget will buy bourbon?
This was messy, messy, messy.  I can't stress this enough.  You need aprons, and bibs, and to open your mouth wide!
I think Nigella does that, well she never seems to spill down herself.



Niamh washed it down with her Friday night treat, she's Scottish, through and through!



3 comments:

  1. My mind goes blank when I look at a pack of mince. I usually end up doing the same old thing - never greeted with much enthusiasm by the kids - so could really do with some ideas! Can I follow you? Can't find a follow thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you copy the blog address, you can put it straight into your blogger reading list & follow that way :)

    BBQ mince actually sounds good! We love Sloppy Joes here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen, will do x
    (BBQ mince does sound tempting)

    ReplyDelete