Sunday 27 May 2012

More pizza with a difference.

I while back, I came across a recipe for cauliflower crust pizza. I was intrigued, but wasn't sure it would be good.  Cauliflower anywhere near pizza is just wrong, right?
But this being me, I had to try it.
I used my mini chopper to 'grate', the cauli, but god that stuff spreads and gets everywhere.  Very messy.
I'd bought a bamboo steamer, specifically for this, so steamed the cauil in it.


The base did seem a bit wet, but I figured, well hoped, it would be ok.
Luckily, it was.
I topped Niamh's with some ham and mozzarella, and mine with anchovies and olives and blue cheese.
I love stinky foods!
These really work, honestly you have to try.
They're not cauliflowery particularly, just incredibly delicious.
Mine did break up a bit on lifting and eating, so best with a fork, but I bet they'd be great cut into bite sized pieces and served at a kid's party.




1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a healthy alternative to normal pizza. Definitely bookmarking the recipe for later.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete