Tuesday 15 May 2012

Niamh cooks

I'd planned to make Chicken and leek stroganoff last Wednesday, and when Niamh came home from school she asked if she could make it.  Yep, course you can.
She can cook and has made a few meals, but generally sticks to scrambled egg, tuna pasta and similar, she's definitely getting more interested, and confident though.
Chicken and leek stroganoff
She did get the timings a bit out, the rice was cooked way before the rest of the meal, and the leeks were added too soon, but that's not the end of the world, and it tasted great.
I didn't correct her, as I knew it would still work and I think it's best to learn from your mistakes, rather than having someone hovering over you (much as I am tempted!)
You can't really see the leeks, though you can see the attractive burn mark on the bench, hence me buying a heat mat!

No comments:

Post a Comment