Tuesday 15 May 2012

Niamh eats

Back in half term, Niamh asked if we could go to KFC for lunch, I make fried chicken at home using this recipe which is utterly delicious, so I thought, hmm, she's going to say KFC is better than mine and it'll all end in tears.
However, since I'm not that mean, I agreed.
She ordered the lunchbox which is a couple of chicken strips and chips.

It looked, erm pale, flabby and not very fresh, even though we waited ages. 
I didn't bother to try it, and stuck with a tea, which in fairness was Twinings.
Niamh enjoyed it, which is the main thing, but is in no hurry to rush back.
The restaurant was a bit sticky with napkins lying around, not for me.

What did make us laugh, and you'll see in the photo, the kids table looks like Supernanny has set it up as a naughty table!
What kid would want to sit there?


2 comments:

  1. KFC is one of those dirty things I crave once in a while, like the occasional cigarette or a whole tub of Ben and Jerrys. Like fags and ice cream, it tastes great for about five minutes and then makes me throw up.

    [sadface]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I ate it, was easily 12 years ago.
    I don't have a problem with it, just don't fancy eating it.
    Fags however............

    ReplyDelete