Sunday 20 May 2012

Sunday Brunch, at dinner time.

I've been watching Something For The Weekend for years, as long as it was on for, and it's recently moved to Channel Four, with the new title, of Sunday Brunch.
Anyway, I was watching this morning (Hellooooooo Steve Backshall), and really liked the sweet potato and goats cheese tarts made.  Simon himself said to change about the recipe, so don't yell at me for doing just that!
I sent Niamh to town on her bike for the pastry, everything else I had in, well for the version I wanted to make anyway.
I split the mixture into two, using stilton in my half, and cheddar in Niamh's.
Sweet potato and goats cheese tarts

These were fantastic, I'm not surprised really, I've made a few of Simon Rimmer's recipes and they work.
I didn't bother with the salad dressing suggested, just a plain and simple oil/wine vinegar vinaigrette on a bag of supermarket salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment