Saturday 9 June 2012

Calzone

Years ago, and I do mean years, when I was 19, I used to occasionally go out to dinner with my parents to an Italian owned fish and chip cafe.
I'd always choose the calzone, my Dad would have the quatro staggioni, it was only my Mum who ever changed her order
Sometimes, I didn't go, but they'd bring me home a calzone.

I loved it, and had never had one since.
Now, I had the Takeaway Secret book, and that had a recipe for it..................you know where this is going!

I couldn't make the dough myself, as I don't do hand kneading, and my poor Kenwood is currently broken, so I bought this
No recipe needed really, just follow instructions for the dough, and add whatever you like.
Niamh had chorizo, mozzarella and cheddar in hers, I had anchovies, olives, capers, mozzarella and gouda.
Once folded, use beaten egg to seal the edges, then roll as shown in the first picture.

2 comments:

  1. Did it taste good? I am actually thinking about making a sweet version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, delicious.
    What would you put in a sweet version?
    Years ago I did a pizza with banana and chocolate spread. Niamh liked it.

    ReplyDelete