Tuesday 31 July 2012

Carrot and coriander soup with cheddar bay biscuits.

It wasn't that long ago that I couldn't eat soup as an evening meal, as it's lunch food, and well, not very exciting, or substantial.  However, I've come round to loving it, so long as it has an interesting accompaniment.
I had read about cheddar bay biscuits, from the US chain Red Lobster which ironically, is somewhere I'd never go, as chains aren't my thing, but still I fancied the biscuits, I've made plain ones with sausage gravy before, and thought they'd be great with carrot and coriander soup.
They were easy to make, I subbed Cookeen white vegetable fat for the Trex stated in the recipe, and halved the quantaties for the two of us.
They were light, and crumbly and cheesey.
Delicious.  Great for packed lunches too.
Not a boring meal at all!
Red Lobster biscuits

No comments:

Post a Comment