Thursday 19 July 2012

Tagliatelle Pietro Antonio

I'm back!
Not that I've been anywhere, just haven't been well so havwn't done much cooking.
I did make a Japanese meal from my new book, Everyday Harumi, but the photos are so bad they are not up for being published!
Last night I made this pasta dish, I got the idea from a Scottish/Italian cafe menu, Corrieri's.
It was reccommended as somewhere to eat whilst in the area, and as we're only an hour away, I looked at the menu with a view to going for lunch.
I loved the sound of this dish, so thought I'd have a go at making a version at home.
For the two of us, I used one tin of chopped tomatoes, 5 chesnut mushrooms, 4 slices of smoked streaky bacon, and half a jar of artichoke hearts.  I added a large splash of cream to finish.
I can't know how it compares to Corrieri's version, since we haven't been yet, but I can say it was one of the best pasta dishes I've ever eaten.
Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment