Saturday 4 August 2012

Satay and aubergine.

I absolutely love satay, and have eaten it many times in Malaysia and Indonesia.  I love the subtle spicing and peanut sauce.
I've made a version at home before, which was a mash up of recipes from Rick Stein and Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall, but this time I tried a Malaysian recipe.
It was for beef and cvhicken, I used fillet steak, as I had some in the freezer and chicken thighs.
It does have three stages, but isn't hard at all.
The results were great, very authentic tasting, shame I don't have anywhere to cook outside though!
Malaysian chicken and beef satay
I picked a veggie side to go with this, using one of my favourite vegetables-aubergine.  It's not dry at all, quite the opposite, soft, moist, oily, in a good way and melt in the mouth.  I can't recommend this enough, perhaps not for dieters though!
Dry fried aubergine
I also served plain rice, and crisp cucumber slices, to cut through the richness, as is done in SE Asia.
It works really well.
Another success!


No comments:

Post a Comment