Saturday 29 September 2012

Corn dogs

I love the look of American food, and love watching US food programmes.
I'd heard of these, but since I've never been to the US, never tasted one.
My friend Baz went to Florida in the summer and loved them, he was telling me about them when he was visiting, so they went back to the top of my to try list.
I found this recipe from Simon Rimmer, none of his recipes have ever failed me.
They were very easy to do, I used frankfurters from a jar.

With them I made Mac and Cheese, following a US recipe from Alton Brown.
Baz assures me it's like the mac and cheese he ate in the states.  It was delicious, quick too and no need to make a white sauce.

We will have these again, though not too often, my hips wouldn't thank me for it!

2 comments:

  1. Did you use the hot sauce in the mac & cheese? I like the sound of it apart from that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually no, should have said that!
    It's different, how I'd imagined US mac and cheese to be, very tasty and much quicker than the version I usually do.

    ReplyDelete